Myrtle Beach golf courses offer a good quality golfing experience along with great practice facilities. Most golf courses are set in serene environments complete with professionally maintained fairways. While you want to plan for a great golf vacation in Myrtle Beach, you also want to find the perfect fit for you without having to break the bank.
The last thing you want to do is to go through multiple websites, trying to determine which package providers have the best deal for you. To organize the best golf vacations in Myrtle Beach, you have two options. The first one is to pick a hotel that has a golf course within its premises or nearby. This will give you a chance to manage your time as you wish. Golf travel golf packages give you access to the golf courses throughout the days. In addition, golf courses for first-timers are offered regularly. However, if you actually want to introduce yourself to the game of golf, you can choose golf vacations because these are often centered on a golf course. In this case, the game will always be intense and you can also take a few courses to familiarize yourself with the game. That way, you will be more active and you will get more chances to make the most of your time.
However, it is important to know where to look when it comes to a gold vacation. Most travel agencies offer vacations that are designed around a given theme. Golf is popular vacation theme and it is often easy to book a golf vacation. That way, you can rest assured of finding good accommodation as well. However, the quality of the golf courses during the peak seasons can vary considerably. Myrtle Beach is a golfing paradise that offers more than 100 courses that will meet the tastes and prefers of the enthusiastic golfer.
Due to the nature of the different offline golf specials, it is advisable to contact a golf package provider to find out more about the latest promotions. Sometimes, you can be able to save money on your golf vacation by choosing the perfect package for you.
Although you are sure to find a great Myrtle Beach golf course that will suit your needs, it requires some planning to make sure that you get enough tee time at the golf course you are considering. Generally, the peak seasons are extremely busy so it is easier to find great deals in the offseason. In addition, it is advisable to book a tee time beforehand if you are looking to enjoy Myrtle Beach golf to the fullest, especially during the peak season.
Planning a golf vacation in the Myrtle Beach area can be an exciting experience for any avid golfer. Furthermore, the city offers many other attractions and there are plenty of things to do here, in order for you and anyone in your group to have a memorable vacation.
Myrtle Beach golf vacations can be a great way to relax, away from your normal routine. If you are want to do more than relax at your hotel, you should seriously consider Golf Travel Golf Packages so you can save money on your trip without compromising on the quality of your vacation.
Myrtle Beach has deservedly earned the title of being the golf capital of USA. With well over a 100 courses along the Grand Strand, Myrtle Beach offers an irresistible combination of awe inspiring ocean views, luxurious resorts, and an unrivaled golf culture. No matter what your skill level, whether you are a serious golfer or a casual player who loves the serene surroundings of lush courses, Myrtle Beach has something lined up for everyone.
So what are some of the best places for golf vacations in Myrtle Beach. The entire Grand Strand stretch is full of resorts that offer some amazing golf packages at courses close by. In addition, you will also have the choice to stay at some of the most exquisite golf courses at their on-site luxurious lodges. Here is our curated list of the top 5 just for you.
1. Dunes Village Resort: Located on the North Ocean Boulevard, the Dunes Village Resort is of the most popular venues for vacationers. It is easy to see why. The resort offers an irresistible range of facilities and activities to keep the whole family engaged. But most importantly, Dunes Village also offers its patrons some of the most attractive deals at golf courses. For serious golfers who want a challenging course, the Dunes Village Resort has an agreement with Pine Lakes International Country Club to offer some great value deals. If you have kids along whom you want to introduce to the joys of putt-putting, the resort has a similar arrangement at the Treasure Island Mini Golf.
2. Cove Compass Resort: This luxurious oceanfront resort is located on the South Strand, and is regarded as an epitome of luxury. This family friendly destination serves up all the top notch facilities including golf packages that will take care of all your golf lust. The resort has tie ups with all the major courses along the Grand Strand, which means patrons can not only choose the links of their choice but also avail of some truly substantial discounts.
3. Mystical Golf Stay and Play: If working on your handicap is all that you plan to do throughout your vacation then you might consider the Mystical Golf Designs at The Witch, The Wizard and the Man O War. The place offers some stunningly luxurious lodging facilities at the World Tour Villas. In addition to the golfing rounds, the Mystical Golf Stay and Play also offers a light lunch and drinks at the conclusion of your rounds. The stay at these villas is for 3 nights minimum and 10 nights maximum.
4. Pawleys Plantation Golf and Country Club: If you are planning a golf vacation in a large group, or simply a family that loves to golf together, then you should certainly consider the attractive offers by Pawleys Plantation Golf and Country Club. They offer a $100 reward card to each member of your group if you book a minimum of 4 spring rounds on their Prime Time Rewards Package. These cards are redeemable at any of the Prime Times Signature Course Clubhouse on apparel, beverages, dining and equipment.
5. The Breakers Resort: Located on North Ocean Boulevard, the Breakers Resort has been a venerable presence on the Grand Strand's resort scene. Apart from their beautiful ocean front location, the resort has earned a name for its customer friendly staff who are always willing to go the extra mile to ensure a memorable vacation for you and your family. This includes making sure their patrons get the best golfing deals at the some of the best and sought after courses along the Grand Strand.
As one of the premier golf destinations in US, Myrtle Beach is no stranger to world class links. Designed by some of the leading names including Palmer, Greg Norman, and Nicklaus, the golf courses along Grand Strand have earned recognition from leading magazines and professionals.
But does it mean courses in Myrtle Beach are too challenging for amateur golfing enthusiasts or beginners? Happily, the answer is far from it. The fact is, an overwhelming majority of vacationers in Myrtle Beach are either beginners or amateur golfing enthusiasts. And as a result, a lot of golf courses along the Grand Strand are designed specifically for amateurs and novices.
Choosing golf packages in Myrtle Beach
While most of the golf courses in Myrtle beach have their own websites where you can book individual rounds on a la carte basis, it is always much more convenient and affordable to have them arranged through their partner hotels, resorts and other lodging sites. Many of these golf courses provide their own on-site lodging facilities which can further enhance your golf vacation experience. If you are travelling in a group, or you plan to do a lot of golfing, such deals would result in substantial savings.
Golfing destinations for amateurs in Myrtle Beach
1. Whispering Pines Golf Course: Located on S Kings Highway, Whispering Pines Golf Course is a short drive away from the city airport. This 18 hole course offers a range of facilities to amateur golfers who want to sharpen their game for stiffer challenges ahead. No matter what your skill level, you can enjoy this course and avail of several classes with experts, or have your own private lessons. The golf course, with some truly dramatic settings, also has a golf school for people who want in depth tutoring.
2. Island Green Country Club: This pristine golf course, located on Sunnehanna Drive, is surrounded by water bodies with its farthest end shaped in the form of an island. The course itself is gentle and well suited to individuals of little to moderate experience. For people who want a little assistance with their game, the course provides help with a teaching pro. You can also hone your game in the separate chipping area, driving range and putting green.
3. Heron Point Golf Club: Located on Blue Heron Boulevard, the Heron Point Golf Club presents a picturesque setting with beautiful pine forests and excellent bird watching opportunities. The action on the greens is just as engaging, as the course challenges beginners with its moderately difficult layout. In terms of facilities, the course is geared towards providing beginners and amateurs all the possible assistance to sharpen and take their game to the next level. Group and private lessons, training modules, and video analysis are just some of the facilities made available to players.
Golf courses for advanced players in Myrtle beach
1. Tiger's Eye at Ocean Ridge Plantation: Opened in year 2000, Tiger's Eye has consistently been rated as one of the finest jewels of Myrtle Beach. This 18 hole golf course with 144 slopes, combines stunning scenery and challenging fairways. While it is hard not to get lost in the stunning setting of this course, the challenging holes on this course challenge the very best and require you put your thinking cap on and plan ahead.
2. Thistle Golf Club: Like Tiger's Eye, Thistle Golf Club is also a Tim Cate design, offering his signature wide fairways with bermuda greens. The course has earned itself a 4 star on Golf Digest's 'places to play' and it is not hard to figure out why. Combining 27 challenging holes, the course is split into three 9-hole set. Besides it's challenging fairways, the golf course is a favorite on account of its beautiful setting and immaculate clubhouse.
3: Caledonia Golf and Fish Club: This Mike Stranz designed 18 hole golf course is spread across salt marshes and the dense forest in Pawley's island. But golfers who are taken aback by its drop dead gorgeous setting would soon discover its challenging holes that require skill, finesse, and a lot of thinking. The natural beauty and challenging holes at this 70 par course has earned it a 4.5 star ranking on Golf Digest's places to play list.
4: Dunes Golf and Beach Club: Designed by Robert Jones, the Dunes Golf and Beach Club comes with a lot of history. Opened in 1949, the Dunes is the second oldest course in Myrtle Beach and provides some of the the most challenging play to experienced golfers, especially at its famous hole number 13, nicknamed Waterloo. The pedigree of this course can be gauged from the fact that it has hosted several PGA Tour Championships, and Women's US Open among several other prestigious events.
Myrtle Beach's reputation as the primary golf destination in country is built on solid foundations. It is not just the gorgeous greens all along Grand Strand that make Myrtle Beach the ultimate golf destination. The mild and pleasant climate, the beautiful Atlantic lapping up along the 60 mile long shoreline, and the beautiful scenery come together to create an unforgettable golfing experience.
Over and above its natural advantage, Myrtle Beach also offers plenty of entertainment opportunities off the course. Whether it is amusement parks, world class dining experience or a happening theater scene, Myrtle Beach makes sure golf vacations are memorable both on and off the golf greens. Still not convinced? Here is our list of top 5 reasons to relieve all doubt.
1. A course for everyone: Let us face it, not everyone stands on the same ground on the fairway. Some are skilled golfers who are always looking for the next challenge to overcome, while others enjoy a milder course. With well over 100 golf courses along the Grand Strand, Myrtle Beach has something just right for every golfer regardless of his or her skill level. In Myrtle Beach, you will get the opportunity to play on courses with holes so challenging they have earned mention from elite pro golfers. And right next door, you could a find a fairway designed with novices in mind, introducing you gently to the joys of golfing.
2. You don't break your bank: Golf is as much a lifestyle as it is a sport. And it does not come cheap. Unless, of course, you plan your golf vacation in Myrtle Beach where you can get maximum value for your buck. You will find some irresistible golf packages, whether through resorts or hotels, or directly from golf courses, that are hard to match at any other premium golf destination. No matter what your budget, there is a course in Myrtle Beach waiting to accommodate you.
3. The mild and pleasant weather: How often have we seen our best laid plans for vacations marred by the weather. Especially your golf vacations are particularly vulnerable to bad weather. However, in Myrtle Beach, you will find that the Gods themselves have decided for it to be the golfing heaven. The weather is mild throughout the year, enabling golf enthusiasts to play regardless of the time of the year.
4. Make the best of golf infrastructure: As you should expect, a big golfing destination like Myrtle Beach has certain other perks that are invaluable to golfers of all skills. There is a huge support infrastructure to help you get the most out of your golf vacation. You can count on seasoned experts who know the courses intimately, and are well placed to cater to your unique needs. There are major golf stores, including PGA Tour Superstore and Golf Dimensions, to cater to all your golfing requirements. The town breathes golf.
5. Fun beyond the course: Even on a golf vacation, you would like to take a break from the greens and distract yourself. In Myrtle Beach, you can rest assured that your time away from the golfing greens is as memorable as on it. The Grand Strand is a major attraction for tourists with the sparkling Atlantic and white sandy beaches. If you want something more active, there's a host of water sports activities on offer. The place truly comes alive at night time, however, when you experience the city's world class nightlife.
With a selection of over 100 golf courses and almost 100, 000 accommodations, the Grand Strand is the perfect destination for a golf vacation. The moderate South Carolina climate allows locals and guests alike to participate in their favorite outdoor games and activities throughout the year. And after your golf rounds, there are many other things to see and do, including sightseeing, shopping, dining, nightlife and other attractions.
If you are looking for an exceptional place to play golf, a place to stay, and some other benefits, then it is wise to consider golf packages for your trip. One spectacular place to go for your golf vacation is Myrtle Beach, South Carolina. Not only do they offer numerous golf courses for you to explore, but the accommodation, and golf packages offers are perfect for you. Myrtle Beach boasts so many golf courses that you are assured of finding the perfect ones to suit your tastes and preferences.
The idea of packaging golf with accommodations was conceived in the Myrtle Beach area several decades ago. Since then, Myrtle Beach golf facilities have been simplifying the process to provide locals and visitors with an opportunity to book their vacation as quickly and affordably as possible. The golf courses and package providers allow golfers to quickly search and book tee times in advance at the best rates possible.
Many prestigious Myrtle Beach golf courses and golf package providers have teamed up to promote their packages and help golfers from around the world with planning their vacations. And their efforts are bearing fruit. Last year alone, over one million golf players visited Myrtle Beach, playing more than four million golf rounds while seeking accommodation in the neighboring communities. Many others have gone on to make Myrtle Beach their second home by purchasing property here.
When planning your trip to Myrtle Beach, SC, there are a number of special golf travel packages that you need to be aware of. Such golf deals are intended to include virtually everything you will need during your golf vacation in Myrtle Beach. This implies that if you want to spend your time playing golf only, you can buy a package that will reduce the cost of your vacation tremendously. Access to special courses and free plays on certain courses are added to these Myrtle Beach deals as perks that are guaranteed to please even the most discriminating of golfers.
Sometimes these golf courses can be quite lengthy and tiring, which means that you may want a comfortable bed to relax in while refreshing before the next game. Visitors and vacationers often find these Myrtle Beach golf packages the most beneficial since the prices are not as high as they are when bought separately.
When considering your package for your golf vacation in Myrtle Beach, you will find different courses, food and accommodation options. If you opt for these packages, chances are you will want to spend longer than a weekend getaway along The Grand Strand. There are numerous three nights, three rounds stays available, but the choice of accommodation is open for anyone seeking a longer vacation.
Families, couples, and groups of golfers are extremely common on the Grand Strand courses. Golf packages can be designed to suit your individual needs, at reasonable rates, usually with discounted rates for early or late tee times. The best Myrtle Beach deals can also include the exact things you want to be pampered with during your Myrtle Beach vacation. You may include having drinks delivered to you at certain times or during your tee times, choosing from cold water or even picking your favorite drink from the nearby bar. These deals not only cater for beverages, but also food service. You can either decide to include the three main meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) or opt to eat at one of the many restaurants near the courses.
Myrtle Beach is a great place to enjoy a golf vacation, and vacationers can find plenty of packages to suit their needs and preferences. Not only can you find good accommodation to accompany your package, but you can also enjoy the major Myrtle Beach activities and events after a round of golf. If you are planning your golf vacation in Myrtle Beach, do it right the first time, and enjoy the many courses and packages designed for you.