Myrtle Beach’s reputation as the primary golf destination in country is built on solid foundations. It is not just the gorgeous greens all along Grand Strand that make Myrtle Beach the ultimate golf destination. The mild and pleasant climate, the beautiful Atlantic lapping up along the 60 mile long shoreline, and the beautiful scenery come together to create an unforgettable golfing experience.
Over and above its natural advantage, Myrtle Beach also offers plenty of entertainment opportunities off the course. Whether it is amusement parks, world class dining experience or a happening theater scene, Myrtle Beach makes sure golf vacations are memorable both on and off the golf greens. Still not convinced? Here is our list of top 5 reasons to relieve all doubt.
1. A course for everyone: Let us face it, not everyone stands on the same ground on the fairway. Some are skilled golfers who are always looking for the next challenge to overcome, while others enjoy a milder course. With well over 100 golf courses along the Grand Strand, Myrtle Beach has something just right for every golfer regardless of his or her skill level. In Myrtle Beach, you will get the opportunity to play on courses with holes so challenging they have earned mention from elite pro golfers. And right next door, you could a find a fairway designed with novices in mind, introducing you gently to the joys of golfing.
2. You don’t break your bank: Golf is as much a lifestyle as it is a sport. And it does not come cheap. Unless, of course, you plan your golf vacation in Myrtle Beach where you can get maximum value for your buck. You will find some irresistible golf packages, whether through resorts or hotels, or directly from golf courses, that are hard to match at any other premium golf destination. No matter what your budget, there is a course in Myrtle Beach waiting to accommodate you.
3. The mild and pleasant weather: How often have we seen our best laid plans for vacations marred by the weather. Especially your golf vacations are particularly vulnerable to bad weather. However, in Myrtle Beach, you will find that the Gods themselves have decided for it to be the golfing heaven. The weather is mild throughout the year, enabling golf enthusiasts to play regardless of the time of the year.
4. Make the best of golf infrastructure: As you should expect, a big golfing destination like Myrtle Beach has certain other perks that are invaluable to golfers of all skills. There is a huge support infrastructure to help you get the most out of your golf vacation. You can count on seasoned experts who know the courses intimately, and are well placed to cater to your unique needs. There are major golf stores, including PGA Tour Superstore and Golf Dimensions, to cater to all your golfing requirements. The town breathes golf.
5. Fun beyond the course: Even on a golf vacation, you would like to take a break from the greens and distract yourself. In Myrtle Beach, you can rest assured that your time away from the golfing greens is as memorable as on it. The Grand Strand is a major attraction for tourists with the sparkling Atlantic and white sandy beaches. If you want something more active, there’s a host of water sports activities on offer. The place truly comes alive at night time, however, when you experience the city’s world class nightlife.